Sunday, March 11, 2012

Quilling just got a lot easier!!


YAY!! I’m sooo happy nowadays!! Cos I finally found what I was looking for a long time!! And that’s A PAPER SHREDDER!! You have no idea how valuable it is for me!!! Well if you are a Quiller you sure do!!




For those who don’t know what a paper shredder is, let me explain it to you!! Paper shredder is actually used for destroying paper, but here, we quillers use it to cut strips for quilling. It’s really interesting to see that, something that is used  for destruction can be used for construction!! This shredder actually trims paper in to thin strips,  therefore it’s perfect to cut paper strips for our quilling projects. 

 Until now, I used a metal ruler and a paper cutter to cut strips! Which is a very very boring n tiring process indeed! The pains in my arms after cutting lots of strips! First I have to mark strips of 3mm wide, then cut them. vry time consuming process, too! Phew! Well, goodbye to those days now, cos I got my new baby in my arms…hehehe!!
This one is a mini hand paper shredder, because it is powered manually, it cuts strips of 3mm length , which is the perfect size for quilling strips. I still have to cut my A4 size papers in half to feed the cutter, as it only accept 123mm wide papers.


I actually found it in the stationary shop that I usually shop for supplies. It was in a corner in the shop in a part where I never looked, because that’s where toys and school bags ..sort of things are.. So I never took an interest to go there.. well, it just might have been sitting on the shelf all along! Well, better late than never! I was so happy to see this hand shredder, and wanted it so badly, no matter what the price was!! Haha , and luckily for me it wasn’t very expensive. And I also found this circles template, which can be a great help when quilling flowers, so that you can create petals of the same size. 

So quilling just got a lot easier for me!! I’ve been hoping to do some new quilling projects lately, and found this baby just in time…  they are gonna require lots of strips.. so time to do some serious quilling!!!! 



11 comments:

  1. if you want to cut bulk of papers at once, you can pay a little sum to a press and get your work done by their guillotine. it will be more easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no idont need bulk actually..this is enough for my small projects.. :))

      Delete
  2. Yayyyyyy!!!! So happy for you!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup Lin you know how important ti is.. hehe.. I'm sooo happy too!! cos I've been like looking for one for ages!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome I want to make my own craft like the cute home structure, so thanks for the purpose of paper shredder. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If u don't mind can u tell me where u found this please..coz I realy wanna buy one.. Plz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it frm Sarasavi book shop in Nugegoda

      Delete
  7. In the business world, the paper shredder is one of the important items that a company needs to ensure that their sensitive and confidential documents will be disposed in the most secured manner. But in your case, you have it for artistic purposes. Who would have thought that a shredder is instrumental in creating such decorative crafts? I guess you just really have to go out of the box, explore your creativity, and discover your inner artist. :)

    Ruby Badcoe @ Williams Data Management

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruby, Quillers having been using the shredder for quilling for some time now... It's really really easy!!!!

      Welcome to chamicrafts!!

      Delete

Your ideas are appreciated a lot...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...